Friday, June 5, 2009

Sean Cummings' Irish Pub












Sean Cummings' Irish Pub

9610 North May Ave. in Oklahoma City, OK.

Sean Cummings' Irish Pub is my favorite "pub" in OKC. It boasts an outstanding Irish menu, has Guinness and Smithwick's (pronounced Smithick's) on tap (don't worry, they serve other beers by the bottle as well), and a full array of other liquors to satisfy any amount of thirst you come through the door with. The menu consists of everything from bangers and mash to lamb shank. Every item on the menu that I've tried has been outstanding. My personal favorite is the Salmon Club Sandwich (which I usually get without mayo). It comes with Pub Fries (one order of which constitutes an entire large potato from what I can tell). The fries are wonderful, but I usually switch it out for a side salad so I can save my carb intake for the beer. One quiff might be that only Guinness and Smitwhick's are on tap, but honestly, you're at an IRISH PUB. What could possibly go better with bangers and mash than a pint of either? I challenge you to find it (as it simply doesn't exist).

If you've got time, or even if you don't, I highly recommend checking out Sean Cummings' Irish Pub in OKC. It's a great, refreshing break from the boring chain restaurants that seem to plague most of the northern side of OKC. Be sure to tip your waiters/waitresses/bartenders there, they most definitely deserve every dollar!

1 comment:

  1. ...friendly bartenders and the waitresses are easy on the eyes, that's enough for me.

    ReplyDelete