Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Summer Iced Coffee


















I like to make this during the summer months when hot coffee just doesn't sound appetizing. I typically use a coffee press. The key is to let the grounds soak in room-temperature water for at least 8 hours. I've found that this eliminates the bitter taste that I usually get from places like Starbucks (which I'm forced to cover up with some type of flavoring). You could add in some cream or half & half, but I usually just put in about a tablespoon or two of skim milk. My coffee press is a single cup variety. Make adjustments if you have a larger press.

Summer Iced Coffee

Water & Ice
4 Tbs Ground Coffee
Cream/Milk/Sweetener to Taste

1. Place grounds in press and add water to desired level (usually 4 Tbs makes 2 servings).
2. Stir grounds with teaspoon, ensuring all grounds have been submerged (they might float to the top which is fine).
3. Put lid on press but don't press down the filter.
4. Allow to sit for at least 8 hours, or until desired strength is reached.
5. Pour over ice, add milk/cream/sweater etc. and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment