Sunday, June 7, 2009

Avanti Bar & Grill














Avanti Bar & Grill
13509 Highland Park Blvd. in Oklahoma City, OK

So when I first discovered that there was a restaurant being placed on the end of a Marriot Hotel in north Oklahoma City, I had to laugh. Who on earth would do such a thing? Surely not anyone who takes themselves or food seriously! Well, laughter aside, I decided to give it a shot about 2 months ago. I was very pleasantly surprised to say the least. My first trip was for a drink. I sat at the bar and ordered a gin and tonic, two olives, no lime, with Hendrick's Gin. Hendrick's is my favorite gin, and not many places serve it in OKC, so that was a nice surprise. Actually, Avanti has many good liquors available which is a very needed change of pace from the norm of northern OKC.

My second trip was for dinner. The restaurant has a great atmosphere. I was wearing slacks, but one could easily get away with some nice demim and a collared shirt. You might see someone in a t-shirt there, but I kind of have a thing about dinner in a t-shirt unless you're at say....Irma's (another review in waiting). I ordered Pomogranate Glazed Salmon that evening, which was well presented, well portioned, and well paired with a light red wine. My server was very professional and courteous. She recommended the wine and the entree. I was fairly impressed.

I have been there several other times. I've had the 8oz Filet (cooked at a perfect medium-rare), Lamb Samosa, and various drinks of course. I'm not saying that it's the best place in OKC by any means, but it's a far, far cry from what I expected from a restaurant attached to a Marriot. I know that they have a lunch menu, but I can't vouch for it as I've never tried it. Dinner will cost you about $80 for a bottle of wine, an appetizer, two entrees and a desert. I say it's worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment