Thursday, June 25, 2009

Chicken Sausage


















Herb & Porcini Mushroom Chicken Sausage


I don't always have time to sit down and cook a full meal every night. When I don't have the time, and don't want to dive into the wonderful world of fast food (I never do), I usually reach for something healthy that I've picked up from the grocery store. It sounds crazy, but it is possible to find good, quality food in the strangest places. My favorite (other than Whole Foods) is Target. Target owns a brand named Archer Farms. They have many organic offering including these amazing Herb & Porcini Mushroom Chicken Sausages. I like to pair them up with some grilled onions on a whole wheat bun. Throw in a side of fresh cut and steamed green beans, and you'll fall in love. The sausages only have 80 calories per serving (1 sausage) and a healthy amount of protein. It's a great choice if you're in a hurry and refuse to settle for anything less than amazing.

1 comment: