Sunday, June 28, 2009

Christine Andrew 2007 Vintage














Name: Christine Andrew
Type: Malbec
Vintage: 2007
Location: Lodi Appellation
Price Paid: ~$17
Rating: 8/10


This one was a treat. Following my love of Malbec, I was excited to try this one after a suggestion from a co-worker. He is a fellow wine lover, so I went ahead and bought a few bottles for the upcoming 4th of July weekend. Last night I broke down and opened a bottle pre-game.

I poured the first glass right out of the bottle (as I was not at home with my trusty decanter). I was not impressed. I was thinking, "Why did I just buy 3 bottles of this mess?" I was disappointed to say the least. I let the open bottle sit for thirty minutes before giving it another try. This wine completely changed directions after it was given a little breathing time! I couldn't believe it. While I would always recommend the use of a decanter, I realize that one is not always available. In that case, remember to let the wine have some exposure to air. Typically somewhere between 10 and 30 minutes will do the trick. This wine is a prime example of what can go right when you do.

No comments:

Post a Comment