Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Balsamic Honey Glazed Salmon














This dish is sweet and somewhat tangy. It uses a very simple glaze that everyone will assume you spent some time on. I like to serve any kind of fish with a green vegetable. This time I chose fresh broccoli along with couscous. Couscous is wonderful. If you've never tried it, do. If you haven't noticed, I usually cook for 2. Be sure to use your sense of taste before doubling the ingredients on things like spices and glazes. I usually end up with a little extra when I cook for 2.

Balsamic Honey Glazed Salmon

2 x 6oz Fresh Salmon Filets
4 Tbs Honey (I like to use local honey whenever possible)
2 Tbs Balsamic Vinegar
2 tsp Garlic Powder
2 tsp Fresh Ground Pepper

Preheat oven to 365 degrees.

1. Cover baking pan with tin foil and spray with cooking spray.
2. Place salmon filets skin down in pan.
3. Mix honey, balsamic vinegar, garlic powder and ground pepper.
4. Pour mixture over filets.
5. Place dish into oven and bake for approximately 10 minutes.
6. Remove and baste salmon with liquid from pan.
7. Replace dish into oven and continue baking for approximately 10 minutes.
8. Turn off heat and allow dish to cool for approximately 5 minutes (remaining in the oven to cool).
9. Remove from oven, plate, and enjoy.

On occasion I like to drizzle a small amount of honey on each filet when I remove it from the oven after the first 10 minutes. You can also spoon some of the leftover glaze onto your salmon after plating. It's up to you! Hope you enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment